Volunteer Manager - Job Description
Since 1981, CHRIS 180 has been dedicated to healing and recovery for children, youth, adults and families. Through trauma informed programming CHRIS 180 offers: counseling for the community at large, group homes for abused and neglected children with emotional and behavioral problems who are in foster care; supportive housing for single and parenting young people, ages 17 – 24 who are homeless or aging out of foster care; in home programs that strengthen families, a Clubhouse for youth 15 - 21, an adoption program for children in foster care as well as training for children, youth, families, other organizations and professionals. CHRIS 180’s ambition is to be Georgia’ go-to place where every child, young adult, or family wo have experienced trauma discover how to recover, become resilient, and pivot toward a positive future of hope and confidence.
CHRIS 180 is an organization in which all stakeholders recognize and respond to the varying impact of traumatic stress on children, caregivers, families, and those who have contact with trauma survivors. Programs and staff within CHRIS 180 are charged to infuse this knowledge, awareness, as well as personal and institutional skills into the organizational culture, policies, and practices. We act in collaboration, using the best available science and evidence-based practice, to facilitate and support resiliency, recovery and self sufficiency, and to prevent trauma from occurring or recurring wherever possible.
CHRIS 180 Values:
Creativity We are innovative agents of change identifying new solutions and approaches.
Honor We celebrate each person’s individuality and the gifts of diversity.
Respect We honor one another, treat each other with kindness and work together as a team.
Integrity We are transparent, trustworthy and accountable. Always.
Safety We create consistent environments free from danger in which people have the opportunity to grow and become the best they can be.
The Volunteer Manager serves as a key leader and liaison with volunteers who want to get involved within various aspects of the CHRIS 180 organization. This includes company volunteer groups, individuals, small church or school groups, and more. This position is responsible for planning, providing direction, and executing all volunteer projects as well as collecting in kind donations.
This position is responsible for the management of all volunteer related activities; the primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, implement, and evaluate all volunteer projects
- Develop a calendar of year round and time/location specific volunteer opportunities
- Develop and execute a volunteerism strategy that is aligned with the organization’s strategic plan
- Revamp and host volunteer orientation (when applicable)
- Collaborate with CHRIS 180 Facilities and other departments to develop meaningful projects
- Incorporate our residential youth in volunteer projects (when appropriate)
- Partner with other members of the Development department by working together to promote and sustain donor engagement and increase the donor’s capacity to give by connecting them to our work
- Facilitate volunteerism presentations to current and potential corporate partners
- Capture and track all volunteer data in data management software
- Provide prompt response and assistance to community volunteers inquiring about service opportunities
- Participate in annual and long term planning
- Perform special studies and projects as requested
- Coordinate and pick up (when necessary) donated items from schools, companies, and individuals
- Serve as a member of the Development team
- Plan and lead medium-large events to ensure all events are well organized and properly planned
- Performance and Conduct;
- o Maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- o Follow the CHRIS 180 Code of Ethics
- o Support and maintain an environment of emotional and physical safety for consumers, staff and other stakeholders at all times
- Demonstrate customer service;
- o Promote positive image of CHRIS 180 programs at all times
- o Work as a contributing and collaborative team member
- o Respond to consumer and peer needs in a timely fashion
- o Answer phone calls and emails accordingly
- o Respond to requests for information from stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Maintain Personnel Information and Training;
- o Attend and participate in staff meetings as scheduled
- o Attend and participate in required trainings as scheduled
Attributes of the Successful Candidate
- High energy and passion for CHRIS 180 mission
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement strategic development plans and budgets
- Creative Thinker; thinking outside the box, flexible and adaptable.
- Customer-focused attitude
- A professional and resourceful style
- Ability to take initiative
- Experience in planning and managing medium-large scale events, including volunteers, logistics, and budgets.
- Proven project management skills – ability to schedule, plan, track and complete complex projects on time.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, persistent in follow-up, meet tight deadlines and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create meaningful relationships
- Proven ability to collaborate and be successful working with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; must be comfortable making public presentations.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including staff, board members, donors, nonprofit organizations, volunteers and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Projects may include extensive standing, walking, bending and lifting of items 20+ pounds as well as exposure to elements. Work hours may vary each week. Working with volunteers will require some evening and weekend hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of professional experience in field of Volunteer Management; preferred experience working for a nonprofit organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight and be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of CHRIS 180
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior
- Attendance is critical to this position, requiring punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work additional hours when needed
- Must be willing to continually learn in area of expertise
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside of the company
Reports to: Development Officer
Employment Status: Full time, Exempt